If you want to participate in the Membership Growth Initiative but don’t quite know where to start:
- Begin by making a list of prospective members; start with people you know–coworkers, colleagues, people you do business with. Include insurance professionals, planners, attorneys, CPAs–thinking across all disciplines of financial services.
- Identify the best prospects by reviewing your list and determining who could benefit most from membership in FSP.
- Talk to those potential new members about the benefits of belonging to FSP (networking, live and online educational opportunities, etc.); refer to the Benefits Menu on www.SocietyofFSP.org for a full list and focus on those that would appeal most to each particular prospect.
- Tell your personal story of the benefits of belonging. Explain what you personally find most valuable in your membership in FSP–networking opportunities, local or national meetings/education, improved capabilities and earnings, enhanced image, industry updates, group discounts–whatever most suits you.
- Invite them to a local event, if possible. The key is to ENGAGE a prospective member–it’s desirable to BELONG to the FSP community, as opposed to simply joining an organization in a passive manner.
- Have a follow-up conversation, or perhaps send an e-mail to continue the conversation.
- Provide a membership application, or walk them through the online application process.
If you’re not quite comfortable going through the entire process, make initial contact and determine if there is interest. If so, let us do the follow-up on your behalf. Call Member Services at the National office (800-392-6900) with the contact information of the prospective member and we will do the rest.
If you are looking for a short summary that answers the question, "Why Belong to FSP?":
- Simply put: FSP is the best place to build your professional network, enhance your knowledge base, and grow your practice. It provides local access to the world-class resources that are critical to your success.
If you want to focus on what makes FSP different from other professional organizations in the financial services sector:
- FSP is a unique organization.
- FSP is the only place where you will find a community of multidisciplinary professionals–providing an immediate network of collaborators available to you, NOW, both locally and nationally.
- Fellow members help you build the team that allows you to provide the highest level of client service.
- Relationships with professionals outside your own specialty increase your referral network.
For additional information, materials, etc. contact Member Services, at 800-392-6900 or info@SocietyofFSP.org.